These instructions are for our s13 240sx coilover conversion on the s30 240z, 260z and 280z found here.
Megan Coilovers: Conversion parts found here.
Stance Coilovers: Conversion parts found here.
(Qty: 2) - Front Tubes
(Qty: 2) - Rear Tubes
(Qty: 2) - Weld-in Camber Plates ( front )
(Qty: 2) - Weld-in Camber Plates ( Rear )
- Remove lower perches
- You can choose to cut off the s13 mounting brackets (They do not interfere on the Z, but removal makes for a cleaner install).
- Measure how much smooth tubing is inside the perches (from the bottom, before the threads). This is how much of the Z strut tube you'll want to keep when cutting the Z struts.
- Cut a notch in 2 of the perches. This is to accommodate the notch on the spindle that prevents the perch from sitting flush on the hub spindle. (dremel can be used as well)
- Remove top hats
- Thats it for the prep
- Factory service manual comes in handy now along with a spring compressor.
- keeping 1-2" of strut tube left depending on your previous measurements of the coilover perches)
- This will be a VERY tight fit, so you'll need a press. Press it on all the way flush to the base of the z car spindle.
- You can now weld the tubes in place on the spindle.
( it is suggested that all welding be done by a reputable welder or shop... The welds are the most important part of this conversion, and if done wrong, the suspension "WILL" fail. It is suggested that welds be done by TIG, for the best weld outcome.)
- Start by unbolting the front fenders. (10mm bolts)