Install Guide: Garagistic E30 M3 Evo Style Dead Pedal - K0710
The Garagistic E30 M3 Evo Dead Pedal was designed directly off of a 3D scan of an OEM M3 Evo dead pedal. M3s are racecars for the road meaning that some parts may differ and the installation of an M part to a Non-M may differ.
For example, E30 and E30 M3 Evo chassis wiring harnesses differ in that E30's have more wires routed around the driver-side speaker. Because of this, you may need to remove some foam material from underneath the carpet to allow the wiring harness to tuck underneath the carpet so the dead pedal will sit flush against the body. This modification will not be seen once everything is installed.
PLEASE NOTE: For E30s without Central Locking or an Interior Light delay feature you will need OEM part no. 61311370734 to mount the pedal.
- Start by removing your under-panel trim.
- Remove the screws from the hood latch release handle
- Remove the door weather striping and pull the speaker trim panel
- Remove the screws from the speaker and remove the speaker from its housing. Don't forget to disconnect the speaker wires
- If your E30 does not have Central Locking or a Light Control Module, install bracket 61 31 1 370 734 to the two holes below the speaker mounting. Install one screw to the hole closest to the driver door.
- Reconnect the speaker wires and mount the speakers to the chassis
- Remove the rubber clutch stop if your E30 came equipped with one
- Place the Dead Pedal on the clutch stop mounting hole
- Install OEM or Garagistic Clutch Stop. A clutch stop or bolt will be required to secure the dead pedal in place.
- Adjust the Dead Pedal and bolt the dead pedal to the body
- If you are having trouble getting the Dead Pedal to sit flush against the left side of the body, you may need to pull back the carpet and remove some of the foam materiel underneath the carpet in order to tuck the wiring harness and allow the dead pedal to sit flush.
- Trim the speaker panel as show
Install Tip: Cut along the factory-made line as shown
After cutting -
- Tuck the speaker trim under the door sill trim (the speaker panel may need to be slightly bent)
- Install the trim panel back to the body. Keep in mind, the speaker panel goes OVER dead pedal bracket.
- Reinstall the hood latch handle
- Bolt the under-trim panel back in place.
This instructional guide is intended to provide general information only. We recommend a professional automotive technician install any of our products. In no event shall Garagistic be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, incidental injuries or damages whatsoever.