Garagistic BMW Double Adjustable DSSR
Engine Swap Applications
The Garagistic BMW Double Adjustable DSSR is designed to be that final piece needed to complete your engine swap. If you are swapping out your factory engine for something else, chances are your BMW transmission is now in a different place than before. This means you will need another selector rod in the correct length for the new transmission position.
Fine-tune your shifter position
Our Double Adjustable DSSR can also be used to perfect your shifter placement. Because a factory selector rod is designed to center the stock shifter, things can get a little off-center when you upgrade to an aftermarket short shifter. If your shifter is leaning too far forward or too far back in your center console, our adjustable DSSR is the solution to get your shifter positioned correctly again.
EVERY Adjustable DSSR KIT INCLUDES
- QTY 1 - Garagistic Adjustable DSSR
- All necessary hardware to install
- 9/64 Allen wrench
- Alignment tool for setting the final length
- Effective adjustability range of 180MM to 205MM
- Full billet aluminum construction
- Straight DSSR design is optimized for the E30 chassis and E36 325i/is
NOTE: If your adjustable DSSR looks different than another example you have seen, don't be alarmed! We have created 2 different variations depending on which chassis was chosen during the pre-order process BUT FUNCTION 100% THE SAME.
NOTE: Not compatible with 6-speed or AWD applications at this time
- Does not work with E30 driveshaft damper
- E30's equipped with a drive shaft dampener (metal ring found around guibo) must remove the dampener to avoid making contact with the adjustable DSSR.
- Z3 Shifter Fitment
- If you upgraded to a Z3 shifter you will have to shave down the sides of the shifter for the DSSR to fit
Threaded Adjustment Tolerances
- Adjustment Angle Tolerance: ±.5 degrees of Angle
- Adjustment Length Tolerance: ±1mm of Length
Works only for straight DSSR applications
The plastic inside of the OEM shifter and selector joint may need to be filed down
Garagistic DSSR Installation Instructions
Step 1: With a flat head screwdriver remove the locking clip by pushing on the inside lip of the clip to slide it off the selector rod on the shifter side on the selector joint side.
Step 2: Wiggle and pull the selector rod until it's free on both ends. Pay attention to the bends of the selector rod and how it came off as it will be your guide on how to install the DSSR in the proper direction.
Step 3: Grab your Garagistic DSSR and starting with the selector joint side first line up the holes on the DSSR with the selector joint. It should be a tight fit, but once it is aligned slide the provided pins in with a washer on each side followed by the c-clip to lock it in. Repeat on the shifter side.
Notice: If you upgraded to a Z3 shifter you will have to shave down the sides of the shifter for the DSSR to fit
This instructional guide is intended to provide general information only. We recommend a professional automotive technician install any of our products. In no event shall Garagistic be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, incidental injuries or damages whatsoever.