E36 5 Speed Heavy Duty Transmission Brace - 328, M3, Z3M - 23701136498
This is a preorder item that will ship out in 1 month.
It's a known issue that BMW E36 cast transmission braces failed under OEM bushings, but when you then solid engine and transmission. The OEM E36 Trans braces seem to puts a lot of stress on the factory transmission cross member(bracket) which then can lead to failure of the brace.
We now offer a Stainless-steel replacement transmission brace to replace the factory aluminum piece found on all E36 cars with the ZF 5-speed manual transmission. Laser cut, CNC Bent, TIG Welded for a factory fit and high strength. As you can see from the photos, this was designed directly off a 3d scan of a brand new OEM unit.
Fits These Vehicles
- 1995 - 1999 BMW E36 M3 Coupe Convertible, Sedan - 5 speed only
- 2001 - 2002 BMW Z3M M Coupe M Roadster - 5-speed only
- E36 328i 328is 328ic - 5 Speed only
- Replaces part number 23701136498
Replacing the transmission brace on your E36 should not be a repeated occurrence. When you are out driving on the street or pushing your car to its limit on the track, it can be outright frightening for your OEM aluminum transmission brace to fail and break. Not to mention the possibility of major damage to the rest of the car! Even if you have not experienced an OEM transmission brace failing on you yet, you will definitely want to consider upgrading the brace. Through years of building and racing home-brewed BMWs, we've learned from experience that prevention is better than any cure.
- Bushing: M10-sized transmission mount holes to allow for E21 transmission bushings (OEM + upgrade for those not wanting to run polyurethane or solid transmission bushings)
- Material: Thick 11 gauge steel construction is significantly stronger than the OEM aluminum and has incorporated bracing